Also I am a Ph.D. Candidate in the Department of Information Science at the University of Arkansas at Little Rock. My primary research interests are in the area of robust deep/machine learning, text mining, data privacy, and information quality (and the related areas of Data Science and Big Data). By the way, I am writing my dissertation now.
Teaching (full list)
- Internet Technologies (IFSC 1310), Spring 2019
- Internet Applications (IFSC 3300) , Spring 2019
- Web Server Applications (IFSC 4399) , Spring 2019
- Internet Technologies (IFSC 1310) , Fall 2018
Teaching Assistant at UA Little Rock(2019):
Lecturer at UA Little Rock Benton Campus(2018):
Recent Publications ( Google Scholar , full list)
- Dai, Wei, Kenji Yoshigoe, and William Parsley. "Improving Data Quality Through Deep Learning and Statistical Models." In Information Technology-New Generations, pp. 515-522. Springer, Cham, 2018.
- Dai, Wei, and Ningning Wu. "Profiling Essential Professional Skills of Chief Data Officers Through Topical Modeling Algorithms." in Americas Conference on Information Systems ,2017. # A Top Conference in Information Management Field.
- Dai, Wei, Isaac Wardlaw, Yu Cui, Kashif Mehdi, Yanyan Li, and Jun Long. "Data profiling technology of data governance regarding big data: review and rethinking." In Information Technology: New Generations, pp. 439-450. Springer, Cham, 2016.
- Yoshigoe Kenji and Wei Dai, Melissa Abramson, and Alexander Jacobs. "Overcoming invasion of privacy in smart home environment with synthetic packet injection." In 2015 TRON Symposium (TRONSHOW), pp. 1-7. IEEE, 2015.
- Jiagang Liu, Ju Ren, Wei Dai, Deye Zhang, Pude Zhou, Yaoxue Zhang, Geyong Min, Noushin Najjari. "Online Multi-Workflow Scheduling under Uncertain Task Execution Time in IaaS Clouds." IEEE Transactions on Cloud Computing, 2019.(Accepted on March 16th 2019) # A Top Journal in the Computer Science.
- Dai, Wei ,etc "Understanding DB2 DBA", In Neusoft Electronic Press, China, May 2009.
- Dai, Wei ,etc "Advanced DB2 DBA " , In Neusoft Electronic Press, China, August 2009.
Recent Professional Activities (full list)
- Machine learning Benchmarks Group, Core Researcher, California, in 2018
- Organized a Machine Learning Study Group (MLSG) at UALR as a leader, in 2015
- Computing Conference 2019 and Intelligent Systems Conference (IntelliSys) in 2018
- 2016 World Symposium on Computer Applications & Research in 2016
- IEEE The Symposium on Emerging Topics in Computing and Communications in 2015
Program committee member:
Selected Honors and Awards
- Excellence in Research Award in Information Science at UA Little Rock,2017, USA
- Industrial Awards in EIT Open House at UA Little Rock, 2017, USA
- The first place and the third place Research Awards at UALR Student Research and Creative Works EXPO,2017, USA
- Honorable Mention Award at UALR Student Research and Creative Works EXPO,2016, USA
- Best IBM Customer Service Award in 2014;,IBM China
- IBM Excellent Instructor Prize in 2011 and 2012, respectively ,IBM China
- IBM Outstanding Employee in 2009 and 2012, respectively, IBM China
- IBM South China Technical Talent Award in 2009, 2011, and 2012, respectively, IBM China
Drafted Purposes for Research Grants
- Google Company, Deep Learning Cloud Platform Credits Awards, $5,000,in 2019
- Nvidia Company, Nvidia GPU Research Grant， in 2015-2016
- TruckXi Company, Research Grant, $3,500,in 2015
- UA Little Rock, Academic Travel Awards, $1,000,in 2016-2018