BiographyMr. Wei Dai is a Ph.D. candidate in Computer and Information Sciences at the University of Arkansas at Little Rock(UA Little Rock). Mr. Wei earned a master’s degree in information science from UA Little Rock in 2016. Before moving to the U.S., he worked as a senior data scientist engineer at IBM China and IBM China Lab for seven years.
Wei will be a tenure track assistant professor at the Department of Computer Science at the Southeast Missouri State University in the Fall semester in 2019.
- Research interests are in the area of robust deep/machine learning, text mining, data privacy, and information quality (and the related areas of Information/Data Science and Big Data).
- Have teaching experience with a variety of undergraduate/graduate students in USA and China.
- In-depth knowledge of industry and education with experience in designing course projects, mentoring students, implementing professional service, and applying for funds.
- Google funded his doctoral research, and almost 7yrs work experience at IBM as a senior data specialist.
Mr. Wei believes that education is opportunities for studentsAn undergraduate student gave his first-hand feedback on LinkedIn, December 2018, UA Little Rock
Selected Awards and Grants
- Excellence in Research Award in Information Science, 2019, UA Little Rock
- Excellence in Research Award in Information Science, 2017, UA Little Rock
- The first place and the third place Research Awards at UALR Student Research and Creative Works EXPO in 2017, UA Little Rock
- Honorable Mention Award at UALR Student Research and Creative Works EXPO, 2016, UA Little Rock
- Industrial Awards in EIT Open House, 2017, UA Little Rock
- Best IBM Customer Service Award in 2014;
- IBM Excellent Instructor Prize in 2011 and 2012, respectively
- IBM Outstanding Employee in 2009 and 2012, respectively
- IBM South China Technical Talent Award in 2009, 2011, and 2012, respectively